Department of Sociology
Holds a diploma in Social Work (Distinction), a Bachelor of Social Science degree in Social Work (Distinction) and a post graduate diploma in Social Studies (Distinction) from the University of Guyana and a Master of Social Development (Community Development) from the University of New South Wales. She joined the University in 2008 as a Lecturer in the Department of Sociology and has served as Head of the Department of Sociology and Assistant Dean (General Administration). In addition to the Department of Sociology she also lectures in the Graduate School of the Social Sciences and the Division of Social Sciences at the Tain Campus.
She has received several awards including a graduate research grant from the University of the West Indies Mona campus; A Caribbean-Pacific Island Mobility Scheme (CARPIMS) Scholarship; Australian Leadership Award AusAID (Government of Australia); President's Medal for the Best Graduating Student at the University of Guyana (2007); Republic Bank Chairman's Award for the Best Graduating Student in the Faculty of Social Sciences Republic Bank (Guyana) Limited (2007); Sybil Patterson Award for the Best Graduating Social Work Student University of Guyana (2007).
- Frank, D. 2012 Dating Violence among Sixth Form Students in Selected Schools: The Nature and Prevalence and Socio-Cultural Factors Influencing Adolescents’ Perception and Experiences Post Graduate Diploma in Education Research Report.
- Frank, D. 2012. An Analysis of Guyana's National Policy on Domestic Violence Master of Social Development Thesis.
- Frank, D. 2022. Cox, Frederick Publisher: Oxford University Press Journal: Encyclopedia of Social Work Level. Web link / DOI: https://doi.org/10. 1093/acrefore/9780199975839.013.1587
- Frank, D. 2022. Wood, Gertie. Oxford University Press Journal: Encyclopaedia of Social Work. DOI: https://doi.org/10. 1093/acrefore/9780199975839.013 .157
- Frank, D. 2021. Patterson, Sybil Agatha. Oxford University Press Journal: Encyclopaedia of Social Work. Web link / DOI: https://doi.org/10. 1093/acrefore/9780199975839.013 .1520
- Frank, D; Smith-Enoe, S. 2021. Navigating Social Work Field Education during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Challenges, Benefits and Opportunities. Journal of Academic Research and Essays. DOI: https://jare.org.gy/ navigating-social-work-fieldeducation-during-pandemic/
- Frank, D. 2019. Challenges facing Social Work Practice in Guyana. The International Association of Schools of Social Work Journal: Social Dialogue, Issue 21. Web link / DOI: https://socialdialo gue.online/volume/21/download/So cial-Dialogue-Issue-21v2.pdf
- Frank D. 2022. Fifty Years of Social Work Education in Guyana: Internal and External Influences. Caribbean Journal of Social Work.
- Frank D. 2022. The Colonial Origins, Social Policy and Social Work Practice in Guyana. In Panoramic Public Policy edited by Deborah Mc Fee and Tracie Rogers. Palgrave McMillian Publishers
- Frank D.; Smith-Enoe, S. 2021. Navigating Social Work Field Education during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Challenges, Benefits and Opportunities. Journal of Academic Research and Essays
- Frank, D. 2020. Colonial Origins of Social Work in Guyana Caribbean Journal of Social Work 2021 Under review
- Frank, D. 2018. Social Work in the Caribbean: Can social work tasks enhance the Caribbean’s prospects for attaining the Sustainable Development Goals? Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development Location: Royal Dublin Society, Dublin, Ireland, July 4 - 7, 2018
- Frank. D. 2017. What do Caribbean Social Workers do when they practice Social Work? 13th Biennial Conference of International and Caribbean Social Work Educators Location: The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus
- DaSilva-Glasow, Dianna; Dionne Frank and Duane Edwards. Barriers to the Social Integration and Economic Advancement. Caribbean Sociological Conference, June 28th- 30th, 2023